Social Worker Adult Social Care
Here at Cheshire West and Chester Council, we are committed to providing excellent Adult Social Care services to residents. We are one team, putting what matters to people first and are investing in a number of roles, qualified and non-qualified, across our service areas to grow our dynamic, solution focused team.
So, wherever you are in your life, there is something to suit you in Adult Social Care, whether that be meaningful work, feeling valued in your role, career progression, pay progression or a great work life balance, this is where you will find it. If you want to be a part of our welcoming, values driven service and are passionate about being part of a team that can make a real difference for local people, please take a look at the roles we have available.
Cheshire West and Chester Council brings a fresh and energetic approach to providing top quality services for its many customers and communities. West Cheshire is a place where everyone can Thrive – through our core values of Teamwork, Honesty, Respect, Innovation, Value for Money and Empowerment.
Are you a Newly Qualified, or an experienced Social Worker, registered with Social Work England, looking for your next challenge? Are you passionate about improving outcomes for adults and seeking a working environment that balances personal wellbeing with continuous improvement? Then Cheshire West and Chester Council could be the perfect place for you.
We provide high-quality, person-centred social care for adults, but for us it’s more than that; we support people to change and enhance their lives every day through the work undertaken by our talented and dedicated teams.
Our values are important to all of us, we live and breathe them, and they shape how we work together to create positive environments where both colleagues and people who use our services can be inspired to reach their potential. If you share our values and commitment, then you’re our kind of person.
We are looking for dedicated and highly motivated team players to join us as Social Workers working in line with the Care Act 2014. Our Social Workers play a critical role in supporting people to develop creative and innovative solutions to meet the outcomes they want to achieve.
You will have the opportunity to;
- Work in a forward-thinking Council and within teams that have clear, shared values
- Work with local people to understand their care and support needs and help to identify options available to them
- Be pivotal to ensuring people are connected to the support services and community assets they need to live great lives.
- Receive great support from our proactive and knowledgeable management team
- Enhance your legal literacy and work closely with our great legal support services
- Develop and progress in your career through training and development opportunities in a variety of pathways: we meet the cost of your professional registration fee as standard.
You will have:
- CQSW/CSS/Diploma/Degree in Social Work or equivalent (Essential)
- Social Work England Registration (Essential)
- Be required to undertake an enhanced DBS plus Adults Barred List (Essential)
- Statutory and policy base of Social Work (Essential)
- Appreciation of recent developments in service provision.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, carers and families.
- Ability to cope positively with change and an ability to promote positive changes to make a difference.
- Awareness of importance of multi-disciplinary working and an integrated approach.
- Ability to carry out assessment and support planning in line with relevant legislation.
- You are confident, energetic and enthusiastic as well as sensitive and resilient.
- Self-motivating individual with the passion to make a difference in adult social care.
- Resilient personal stress management.
This is a hybrid post which means working in one of our Council offices in locations across the borough as well as the opportunity to work from home where suitable. The benefits of working for the Council go well beyond making a difference to people’s lives, as well as working within a supportive environment with people who share your values you will have access to a huge range of benefits including discounts on:
- High street and supermarket shopping
- Gym membership
- Days out
- Childcare vouchers
- Cash back scheme on any medical treatment that you may require via Medicash
- Car lease scheme (Brand new fully maintained and insured car for 3 years in return for a fixed monthly payment via salary sacrifice)
- Cycle Scheme (Save up to £320 on the cost of a brand-new bike and equipment)
We also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday allowance of 26 days (pro rata), increasing to 31 days after five years of service, plus the opportunity to purchase extra leave and access bank holidays.
- An excellent career average pension scheme with employer contributions of 22.3%. (Employer contributions elsewhere are typically 3%)
- The opportunity to develop your skills and career.
- Rewards and Recognition for going above and beyond such as additional annual leave and shopping vouchers.
- Supportive team and culture
- Opportunity to purchase up to 10 days additional annual leave.
- An Employee Assistance Programme, which offers free 24/7 confidential assistance, practical information, and emotional support.
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to withdraw this advert should sufficient applications be received.
Please note that this job is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To find out more information about what it is like to work for Cheshire West and Chester Council including our rewards and benefits please see www.cwcrecruitment.co.uk
No candidate will meet every single requirement - if your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can bring value to the role, we'd love to learn more about you!
Cheshire West and Chester Council are committed to equality and diversity in employment. Please see the Equality Policy for more information.
Cheshire West and Chester Council have adopted a Local Living Wage for our employees which means that all employees will receive a minimum of £10.90 per hour for all contracted hours.
For any technical enquiries please email Sourcingteam@ecwip.co.uk and quote job reference number in all correspondence.